August 2018 Pastor’s Epistle
As we conclude our SUMMER SPLASH ‘Setting Sail’ this month, here are some words of wisdom (?!) from
‘Everything I need to know about life, I learned from Noah’s Ark!’
1) Don’t miss the boat!
2) Remember that we are all in the same boat.
3) Plan ahead. It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.
4) Stay fit. When you’re really old, someone may ask you to do something really big.
5) Don’t listen to the critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done.
6) Build your future on high ground.
7) For safety sake, travel in pairs.
8) Speed isn’t always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.
9) When you’re stressed, float a while.
10) No matter the storm, when you are with God, there’s always a rainbow!
Some real truths here as we think about our life under the banner of God’s promised rainbow. Have some fun with these proverbs and don’t forget to wear your life-jacket as you ‘set sail’ these last days of summer. We’ll wait to hear stories of your adventures on water or on the road!
Faithfully in Christ,